Case Study – DAR AL ZAIN, NOOR PROPERTIES OMAN
- Project: DAR AL ZAIN PROPERTY VILLA - RESIDENTIAL COMPLEX
- Client: NOOR OMAN
- Consultant: RAYAN INTERNATIONAL DESIGN LLC
- Contractor: ABJAR TRADING & CONTRACTING CO.LLC
About the Project
Located near the Seeb Corniche, NOOR, Oman' s first large scale project, the watchword of this gated community development was AFFORDABLE LUXURY IS EVERYTHING. The target group for the villas were upper middle class families who were looking for independent gated living away from the hustle and bustle of city living.
Phase 1(45 villas) Construction work started during December 2010, and as on date Phase 5 completed.
Keeping in mind the environment and need for fast development, the project incorporated glass fibre reinforced high quality gypsum wall panelling.
Interior & Exterior products used and why
Interior: Plastaseal Penetrating Primer, Berger Decora Stucco Putty & Top coated with Royale Luxury Matt Interior Emulsion, Select Interior Emulsion.
Exterior: (1) Stoneshield Primer, Stoneshield Intermediate Coat, Stoneshield Glaze,
(2) Plastaseal Penetrating Primer top coated with Select Medium Texture
High thickness to cover maximum undulation on external surface.
The project came with three challenges:
- Affordable Luxury- The client desired the creation of a signature project with external stone clad facades which would appeal to up-market buyers but still be affordable. Rather than opting for cheap quality stone tiles, the client chose Asian Paints Berger's Stoneshield system for its rich, luxury and long lasting finish.
- Exposure to Elements- Being close to the sea face, the external facades were exposed to high moisture and salinity. A high water table with presence of salt at the site required safeguardings against salt efflorescence in the future. To protect against this, Asian Paints Berger demonstrated a system with Plastaseal Penetrating Primer for sealing, a cementaceous Berger Dry Stucco for added protection against salt efflorescence and Select Medium Texture as final finish coat.
- To ensure proper finish and sealing on the glass fibre reinforced gypsum panels, Asian Paints Berger recommended Plastaseal Penetrating Primer top coated with Royale Luxury Matt Emulsion
The full project of 385 villas was awarded to Asian Paints Berger. Pleased with the quality of finishes which were affordable yet luxurious, the client has agreed to work exclusively with Asian Paints Berger for upcoming projects.
Make Your Plan
Let us design a project plan
to suit your needs.
Choose from over 1800 original hues.